Video Out believes passionately in the power of the shared human experience. We want to include your story, and thousands more like it, in our library of coming out stories told by real people. No scripts or studio time, no actors or paychecks—we want the stories of real people living life out in our community. Our goal is to be a resource for you and for our community. From helping those uncertain of their own sexual identity to putting a human face on a sometimes nameless topic—we truly believe that our shared narrative will empower and inform our community, those who stand with us, and the greater world around us. Will you join us? Will you share your story? We hope so. Here’s how.
- Be authentic! Take a few moments and think through your story. Then, share it! We want to hear your story in your own words. Collect your thoughts and yourself—then, just talk to us.
- Use what you have on hand. A tablet or cell phone camera will do the trick! If you have a digital video camera or something fancier, put it to use! We are interested in your story, not so much your production quality.
- The focus is you! Be aware of noise and activity around you. Starbucks may be empty now, but a crowd showing up half way through your story will distract you and the folks seeing your video. Find some place quiet and comfortable for you.
- Take 2. Did you get tongue-tied? Did you forget a crucial detail? Fall out of your chair? Feel free to make multiple recordings, and then choose your favorite. We want authenticity. Sometimes that happens immediately… other times, on the third recording.
- All done? You’ve made your recording, you like how it turned out, and your ready to share. Simply upload your video on the submit page.
We can’t wait to hear your story and to make it a part of an amazing collection. Thank you for taking the time. Thank you for your story.